New Patient Registration
If you live within our Practice Area you are welcome to register with us.
If you do not live within our practice area but within the locality of our Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) then your application to register will be considered by the Practice Manager in accordance with your clinical needs but without home visits.
Please see this NHS guidelines for further details of how this works.
How to register
You will need to complete a registration form and a health questionnaire which will provide useful information whilst we wait for your medical records to arrive from your previous doctor.
- Please complete the registration forms online.
- Come to either North End, Verney Close or Steeple Claydon surgery after 11.30am – please see our opening times.
- Bring with you proof of ID as follows:
1 form of photo ID/ legal document such as:
- driving licence
- student ID card
- birth certificate
And 1 form of proof of address such as:
- utility bill
- solicitor’s letter
- tenancy agreement
- University Students need to bring their ID card only.
At the surgery we will have a record of your online application, which we then confirm with you in person.
We will give you:
- confirmation of your GP’s name
- Details of our online service called Patient Access
- Ask you to choose whether you want to participate in the Summary Care Record and sign a consent form accordingly.
Important information to tell the receptionist:
- If you are on any repeat medication, you will need to have an appointment with a GP before your next prescription.
- If you need to see a GP urgently.
- When registering, if you declare that you are not ordinarily resident in the UK and you have valid exemption from paying for NHS treatment, outside of the GP practice, please provide documents to support this. This includes, for example, an EHIC, or payment of the Immigration Health Charge ("the Surcharge"), when accompanied by a valid visa.
It will take around 10 minutes to confirm your registration when you visit the practice.
Submitted applications will expire after 2 weeks, if you have not visited the surgery to confirm.
Guide to GP Services
The Royal College of General Practitioners has produced a useful guide for patients about the services on offer at GP Surgeries and how to access them. You can download the guide below.
A Patient Guide to GP Services